When you or your loved one is submerged in drug abuse or alcohol addiction, resolving to take a U-turn and become drug-free is the best decision you can ever make. You can do this by checking in a trusted alcohol rehab center. An alcohol rehab center will help you get your life back on track and also give renewed hope to the people who care about you.
Should you choose an inpatient or outpatient rehab center?
While the two programs are both focused on rehabilitation, each one of them has unique features and benefits to offer, and it is important for the patient to understand their needs first before choosing either of the programs.
- Inpatient Rehabs are rigorous, residential treatment programs outlined to treat severe addictions.
- You are not prone to distractions of daily worries/activities while undergoing treatment
- You are under 24-hour care of trained therapists and staff
- As part of a community, you can share your stories and experiences with other residents who are overcoming their addictions without being harshly judged
- More time is dedicated to recovery, through individuals and group counseling sessions, together with other treatment exercises
Benefits of outpatient rehab
- Outpatient Rehabs are part-time, and they allow the recovering patient to keep attending school or work during the day.
- Many outpatient programs incorporate family sessions to enable your support system to acknowledge better, the challenges you face
- You can apply the things you learn in your treatment sessions to your daily life and start making immediate changes
- The outpatient program is considered more affordable, and insurance mainly covers it.
What types of insurance usually cover rehab?
The American Medical Association acknowledges alcoholism and substance abuse as diseases, forcing health insurers to provide coverage for treatment. Both private and public insurance policies offer coverage for substance abuse treatment up to individual levels. It is important to check with your insurance provider and see what they offer and to what extent before checking into a rehab.
Medicaid provides affordable health insurance to individuals and families enabling them to access basic health care. This also covers drug and alcohol treatment to help those who are dependent on illicit and prescription drugs.
Currently, Medicaid state health insurance covers services in more than 100 drug and alcohol treatment centers in Illinois. Click here to get a list of the rehab facilities that accept Medicaid as a payment option in Illinois
Most well-known rehabs in Illinois
Here is a list of the most famous rehabs in Illinois, based on food and nutrition, staff, overall experience, and above all, the success of the treatment.
Lutheran Social Services
This facility provides various services including affordable housing for the disabled, mental health services, senior services, and of course, alcohol and drug addiction treatment. They have a myriad of successful programs that help those with addiction. These programs include inpatient and outpatient care, detox, recovery homes, halfway houses, and sober living facilities.
The Hazelden Betty Ford facility offers standard rehab options, and their rigorous schedule ensures that each patient receives the best recovery possible.
Timberline Knolls, Lemont
Focusing on women, the Timberline Knolls Residential Treatment facility helps with substance abuse and other issues such as eating disorders, trauma and PTSD, and mood disorders. They have expert staff that offers individualized care, overall medical and psychiatric assessments as well as a spiritual renewal for the entire family.
If you are suffering from a drug addiction problem, it is time to reclaim your life back by checking into a rehab center. While there are various excellent centers, it is important to find one that suits your needs. Begin your research by checking out online ratings and reviews of different rehab programs and see what others are saying about them before you make your decision.